Villas for rent
House for rent for 6 people 6 km from Balchik, "Villa Sokolovo."
The charming holiday house (120sqm) in typical Bulgarian style was in 2008 by the German owners completely renovated. The property is located only 6 km from the picturesque harbor town of Balchik with its contemplative marina and many nice restaurants. The sandy beach of the seaside resort Albena can be reached in about 15 minutes by car. The home offers 3 bedrooms with up to six people. A highlight is the 30sqm private pool with sweet mosaic dolphin on the ground. Nestled in the pool area is a carefully manicured garden, offering plenty of space for sports and games. The family-friendly establishment is of the highest quality and meets today's "lifestyle". The living area on the ground floor consists of a very spacious living room with flat screen TV (German and international TV and radio channels), DVD player, stereo and a large dining table for 6 people. The adjacent kitchen is in working order and has all the comforts such as stove with 2 plates and oven, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, coffee maker and washing machine. The kitchen is designed as an open kitchen and a small counter with stools invites you to linger. On the ground floor remains one of the two bathrooms with toilet and shower room on the upper floor is there are three comfortable bedrooms and a bathroom with toilet and bath. The first bedroom is furnished with a comfortable double bed and a spacious wardrobe. The second bedroom with balcony is also furnished with a double bed and a stylish dresser with mirror. In the third bedroom a sofa bed and another drawers housed. All rooms have bright colors and are equipped with friendly furniture in antique look.
Conditions / extras
Including electricity, bed linen including towels (per person), and pool service (2 times a week) Exclusive Cleaning (90 EUR), Deposit: 200 EUR (per stay), to and from Monday to Friday, available on demand, car hire on request , airport transfer on request,
Baby bed, balcony / terrace, family atmosphere, dishwasher, air conditioning, microwave, smoke-free hosts, washing machine in the house
Room / apartment: Features
3 bedrooms, cots, oven, balcony, bed linen, CD player, DVD player, dining area, windows can be opened, available TV, hair dryer, dishwasher, towels, coffee maker, coffee maker, air conditioning, kitchenette / cooking facilities, fridge, microwave, Non smoking rooms, radio, satellite TV, dishwasher, patio, table and kitchen towels, toaster, washing machine
Room / apartment: Plumbing
Bathtub, bathroom with window, shower, toilet and bath
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Satellite TV|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (3), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
Location and local attractions
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Balchik beach 6 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Varna airport 45 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Places of interest:
- Balchik (about 12 000 population) is a charming town, located 47 km north of Varna city. It is like an amphitheatre on the very seashore. The Royal Palace, the Botanical garden, the churches, the Museum of History together with many other attractions make Balchik one of the most visited resorts on the Black sea coast. The Balchik port played an important role in the town's development, being the third sea-side port in terms of significance after the ones in Varna and Burgas. The unique nature and the ancient history make the today's romantic charm of Balchik - a constant source of inspiration for artists, poets and artists.
- The Royal Palace and the Botanical garden in Balchik. The official name of the palace was the Quiet Nest Palace. It was constructed between 1926 and 1937, during the Romanian rule of the region, for the needs of Queen Maria of Romania. Attracted by the beauty and the romanticism of the seaside town, inspired by the centuries-old trees, the wild flowers and the bird species in the region, Queen Maria of Romania selected Balchik to build her summer residence.The palace complex consists of a number of residential villas, a smoking hall, a wine cellar, a power station, a monastery, a holy spring, a chapel and many other buildings, as well as most notably a park that is today a state-run botanical garden. In 1955 the Balchik Botanical Garden was established at the place of the palace's park. It has an area of 65,000 m² and accommodates 2000 plant species. One of the garden's main attractions is the collection of large-sized cactus species arranged outdoors on 1000 m².
- Kaliakra cape is the longest cape on the Bulgarian coast. The picturesque cape is located about 30 km north from Balchik. Kaliakra cape stretches 2 km deep into the sea and consists of 60-70 m high limestone rocks, the inaccessibility of which has been the main reason for the construction of an ancient fortress named Tirisis there. According to local tradition forty girls, the sole survivors of a Turkish attack, tied their long plaits of hair together and jumped to their deaths, rather than be raped by the victors. Nowadays Kaliakra is a nature reserve, where dolphins, shags and a numbers of typical steppe birds can be observed, it is one of the very good birdwatching sites in Bulgaria.
- Kavarna town is one of the relatively bigger towns along the Black Sea coast with its population of a bit over 12 200. On the high hill of Chirakman, which is 3 km away from Kavarna, still can be seen remains of Roman fortresses and medieval town. Kavarna, recognised today as the Rock capital of Bulgaria with so many concerts of world famous bands and artists like Apocalyptica, Deep Purple, Saxxon, Ronnie James Dio, Scorpions, Accept, Destruction, Gamma Rey and Victory, turns into an attractive place for a holiday, combining the modern comfort with a unique atmosphere, at the same time preserving its tranquility and charm.
- Durankulak and Shabla lakes - The Durankulak lake was declared a protected area in 1983 as part of the measures for the preservation of endangered species. It is also where one of the two major birth migration routes passes - the so-called “Via Pontika”. Near the lakes of Shabla and Durankulak there are law-protected damp areas of international importance. These territories are the most significant winter quarters in Europe for many water birds. The Shabla Lake is one of the biggest habitats of the White Water Lily and Yellow Water Lily in Bulgaria. The lakes give shelter also to the Otter, which is a rare animal species in Europe.
Availability and renting
|Beginning/end of a booked period, available for reservation|
|Winter/Spring Season||04 Jan||31 Mar||€ 0||€ 0|
|Low Season 1||01 Apr||31 May||€ 0||€ 0|
|Mid Season 1||01 Jun||14 Jun||€ 110||€ 770|
|High Season||15 Jun||14 Sep||€ 130||€ 910|
|Mid Season 2||15 Sep||30 Sep||€ 110||€ 770|
|Low Season 2||01 Oct||31 Oct||€ 0||€ 0|
|Autumn/Winter Season||01 Nov||22 Dec||€ 0||€ 0|
|Christmas and New Year||23 Dec||03 Jan||€ 0||€ 0|
|Minimum stay: 3, 5 or 7 nights depending on season and occupancy.
- 5% discount for customers who book 3 or more weeks.
- 10% discount on bookings made until 31/12, does not apply to "High Season".
- 5% discount for bookings made until 31/03, does not apply to "High Season".
- 10% discount for regular customers, does not apply to "High Season".
Reservation information: Reservation deposit 30%
Balance: 8 weeks before arrival or on the day of accommodation in the villa (ask for details)
|Damage deposit||300 EUR|